13 IMPORTANT SECURITY MEASURES TO TAKE OBSERVE IN LAGOS, THIS FESTIVE SEASON.
The end of 2019 is here, it is the Festive season.
We have been reliably informed by Security agencies in Lagos State that there has been a return of traffic robberies on Lagos roads with incidences recorded in these areas:
- Oshodi Bridge.
- Oshodi – Isolo Expressway.
- Toyota Bus stop.
- Airport road.
- Costain/National Theatre.
- Third Mainland bridge.
- Gbagada – Oworonshoki – Ketu Expressway,
- Mile 2.
- Badagry Expressway.
- Ojota -Berger – Long Bridge.
- Dopemu Agege.
- Pako B/stop.
- Agege Motor Road.
It was gathered that these incidents typically occur between 5.30/6.30 AM, 7.30 PM & 10.00 PM* respectively while some were recorded in broad daylight.
As we commute daily it is important to be conscious and alert.
The following tips are recommended for the safety of employees commuting within/through the state:
- Keep valuables out of sight while driving.
- The use of mobile devices including cell phones, iPads, Laptops, etc should be minimized while in traffic especially in indicated flashpoint areas.
- Items like handbags, laptop bags, etc should be kept in the boot while driving in the traffic.
- It is advisable to avoid carrying original vehicle documents in the car unless absolutely necessary.
- Avoid short cut areas and stick to main streets as much as possible.
- Keep windows up and car doors locked at all times while commuting.
- Do not pick up strangers looking to hitch a ride with you. For those who use drivers, kindly ensure they are warned to desist from doing such when you are not in the vehicle.
- Where possible, have a decoy bag with no essential items in it close by.
- Make effective use of your car mirrors to monitor activities of street hawkers around your vehicle.
- Where possible, avoid patronizing street hawkers while in traffic.
- Expatriates must make use of armed police escorts for movements to Lagos mainland, airports, plants and places outside the area of operations.
- Create layers of protection with a response to an emergency.
- Try to stay calm and avoid sudden movements in the event of a robbery attack and do not try to play the hero.
Remember that dead men don’t talk!
The above tips are not exhaustive! – Always remain vigilant as we approach the festive season and always report security issues to the security Units as at when due.
Stay safe and God bless!
PLEASE CHECK OUR BLOG!