Pancakes are a flat, often thin and round breakfast cake, prepared from a flour-based batter that may contain eggs, milk and butter. It is cooked on a hot surface such as a griddle or fried in a pan with little oil or butter.
Every single Sunday of my Childhood began with pancakes and ended with no leftovers.
Laced and dripping with honey, these pancakes were so mouth-watering and sumptuous and there was no how we wouldn’t devour more than 3 stacks.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk or buttermilk
2 large eggs
1/4 cup melted butter ( Optional )
There are different other additives for other kinds of pancakes, but the ingredients above, are the basic. You can add nutmeg, black pepper and also roll pancakes with Sardines, boneless chicken and hotdog as stuffing after frying. This is not for weight watchers, although a once-in-a-while indulgence is not a “SIN’. Hahahahahaha.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour in milk, eggs, and melted butter, and whisk thoroughly until combined. You can use a hand mixer or batter mixer for ease and smooth consistency.
- Preheat a flat griddle or non-stick frypan over medium-high heat.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of pancake batter onto griddle or non-stick frypan. Let pancakes cook until bubbles form before flipping.
KNOWING WHEN TO FLIP MY PANCAKE.
Pancakes should be cooked on a flat surface over medium-high heat. When bubbles start to form on the top and the edges start to lose their shine, you’ll know it is time to flip. Your pancake should be golden brown on each side.
It is best to use a plastic spatula and slide it underneath the pancake. Use your WRIST to gently flip instead of using the strength of your whole arm.
- Flip over and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Serve hot with Honey or Syrup, and a hot cup of Tea, Coffee or Cappuccino.
NB- Do not forget to send mine across.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STUFFED PANCAKES
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE RECIPES!https://asoebimall.com/category/food/recipes/